I'm not shure if I should open a new thread, I'd like to tell you my experience about buying bitcoins.
I tried bitstamp.net, they are a bitcoin market: buy and sell XBTC.
The company is in the UK, domain/webserver in Toronto (got it from whois).
Opening an account is very strict. They ask a lot of personal data, asking scans from your official papers.
Some of the papers are difficult (complicated/impossible) to deliver. The customer service answers quickly by email.
I don't like their Privacy conditions, which I find not clear in all points.
A question of mine concerning their privacy conditions was answered by a laconic "read our privacy terms",
but I asked precisely questions because I didn't understand some things in their privacy terms.
I gave up to go through the verification process. It's only my experience, others may perhaps like...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Then I tried belgacoin.com.
They are new, you won't find customer reviews yet about them on the internet.
- No need to open an account, therefore no data retention of your personal informations.
- no verification process (no passport scan etc.)
- acceptable promptness in sending you the XBTC.
- They accept only SEPA credit transfert (I think SEPA does not work in all countries in the world?).
- You can't sell your XBTC to transform them to dollars, euros, etc.
- your email adress
- the amount of $, € ... to buy bitcoins
- your receveing bitcoin adress of your wallet
They don't even ask your name, neither your adress, passport number etc.
I like it, it's very simple and you don't inundate them with your personal data.
I think even a friend of yours could buy bitcoins for you.
You'll get your bitcoins within 3 working days.
Just my 2¢