Ξ welcome to cryptostorm's member forums ~ you don't have to be a cryptostorm member to post here Ξ
Ξ any OpenVPN configs found on the forum are likely outdated. For the latest, visit here or GitHub Ξ
Ξ If you're looking for tutorials/guides, check out the new https://cryptostorm.is/#section6 Ξ

The Washington Capitals were going to face a challenge playing at altitude

Spam goes here

Topic Author
laiyongcai92

The Washington Capitals were going to face a challenge playing at altitude

Post by laiyongcai92 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:16 am

Friday night www.officialflyersproshop.com , but the task is even tougher if they are missing some key players.Forward T.J. Oshie could be out for the game at the Colorado Avalanche after taking a hard hit by Winnipeg defenseman John Morrissey on Wednesday night. Oshie, who has suffered four concussions in his career, was thrown backwards onto the ice in the final minute.Capitals coach Todd Reirden didn’t have an update on Oshie but felt the NHL should examine the play.Article continues below ...“It’s something I think the league is going to look at,” Reirden told The Washington Post. “It’s similar to a situation that happened in Vancouver earlier in the year — a vulnerable player that’s thrown to the ice… We’ll see and check in on T.J. I have not talked to our trainer since the end of the game, so I’m not sure exactly where things stand with him.”The NHL did punish Morrissey with a $8,467.74 fine for unsportsmanlike conduct on Oshie.Washington (8-7-3) has lost three of its last four, including two at home before leaving for a four-game road trip. In addition to losing Oshie, leading scorer, center Evgeny Kuznetsov, left Wednesday’s game with a possible concussion in the first period.The Capitals didn’t practice Thursday so there was no update on their injuries.Washington is going to need everyone to go against the Avalanche’s top line. Mikko Rantanen (a goal and two assists), Nathan MacKinnon (a goal and an assist) and Gabe Landeskog (one goal) combined for six points in a 6-3 comeback win over Boston on Wednesday night. The trio is the highest scoring line in the NHL while Rantanen leads the NHL in points.They’ve been a big reason Colorado (9-6-3) is scoring at a high rate this season.“Saying the same thing after every game it feels like Philadelphia Flyers T-Shirts Authentic , but it’s a pretty good line to play with,” Rantanen said after the win over the Bruins.Wednesday’s win was Colorado’s second in a row after a five-game losing streak. That streak started when Calgary rallied from three goals down in the third period to win in regulation.The Avalanche had a third-period rally to beat Boston and a win over the Capitals would give them a boost going into a three-game road trip next week. While the top line has been consistently producing this season, Colorado is starting to get more secondary scoring. Alexander Kerfoot, Tyson Jost and Matt Calvert also had goals Wednesday.It was Jost’s second in three games since returning from a head injury.The Capitals are going to see a familiar face Friday night. Goaltender Philipp Grubauer, who signed with Colorado after helping Washington win the Stanley Cup last season, is slotted to start in net.The Avalanche’s defensive unit has also been a positive. The addition of Ian Cole this summer has given Colorado some depth and championship experience on the blueline. Cole won two Stanley Cups with Pittsburgh.“If you look at the way he plays and the way he carries himself, every practice and every game there’s an intensity and there’s a sturdiness to his game,” Avalanche coach Jared Bednar told reporters Wednesday. “There’s an attention to detail, too, that I think a lot of our guys can look at and try to emulate.” WASHINGTON (AP) — Jakub Vrana keeps finding another gear with his speed and another level to his game. Meanwhile, the Philadelphia Flyers keep finding new lows in what’s turning into a lost season.Vrana scored twice and had an assist for his first career three-point game to help the Washington Capitals beat Philadelphia 5-3 on Tuesday night Philadelphia Flyers Hoodies Authentic , handing the division-rival Flyers their eighth consecutive loss. He showed off his speed on his first goal and ended the defending Stanley Cup champions’ 0-for-12 power-play drought with his second.The 22-year-old winger set a career high with 14 goals in just 42 games. Often one of the last players on the ice for practice, the 2014 first-round pick takes every chance he can to improve and doesn’t think he’s done growing.“In my situation I always feel like I can work on something,” said Vrana, who also assisted on Tom Wilson’s first-period goal that opened the scoring. “I can always get better. It either is the defensive zone or whatever, sometimes mental game. It’s little things you can always work on, and I just try to improve every day, work on my game and try to get better.”Not much is getting better for Philadelphia, which has lost 13 of 16 and is second-last in the NHL with 36 points. Despite outshooting the Capitals 40-26, the Flyers unraveled yet again and fell to 3-7-2 under interim coach Scott Gordon.“We’ve got to win the game,” said Philadelphia winger Jakub Voracek, who scored his 11th goal. “It’s not that hard. I mean Philadelphia Flyers Hats Authentic , it is hard right now for us, but it has to end. We’ve just got to get on a roll. We need to stop it. When you play 40 minutes, you’re not going to win many games. I mean, if you play 40 great and 20 good, maybe you have a chance, but if you play 40 good and 20 absolutely brutal like we did again, we have no chance.”In starting journeyman Mike McKenna, the floundering Flyers tied an NHL record by using their seventh goaltender this season. They became the fourth team in league history to play seven goalies, joining the 1989-90 Quebec Nordiques, 2002-03 St. Louis Blues and 2007-08 Los Angeles Kings.McKenna allowed four goals on 25 shots and was hung out to dry on Flyers defensive miscues.“Just trying to kind of get your bearings a little bit and sort things, but hockey’s hockey Custom Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys ,” McKenna said. “It definitely wasn’t my best game, I don’t think, but it felt like the rest of them I’ve played this year in terms of just preparation and everything.”T.J. Oshie also scored twice — including an empty-netter with 2.1 seconds left — for the Capitals, who won their second in a row to bounce back from a three-game skid. Backup goaltender Pheonix Copley made a season-high 37 saves to pick up his 10th victory of the season.Copley has started five of the past 11 games and exceeded expectations so much that Washington has been able to reduce All-Star Braden Holtby’s workload.“He has been awesome,” Wilson said. “You don’t know him that well and he comes in, and we’re pretty lucky to have two guys that can steal a game for us on any given night. … He’s one of the backbones of our team. A great guy, a great teammate and he’s done a great job for us this year.”Washington was outplayed during the first period and beyond but capitalized on several mistakes by Philadelphia, which got late goals by Wayne Simmonds and Claude Giroux to make the final score look closer than the game itself.NOTES: C Nic Dowd replaced Nicklas Backstrom (illness) in the lineup. … Gordon said he started McKenna to give 20-year-old Carter Hart a rest after playing twice in three days. … Simmonds was ejected with a 10-minute misconduct with 2:04 remaining. … F Phil Varone replaced Jordan Weal in the Flyers’ lineup.UP NEXTFlyers: Look to avoid a ninth consecutive loss when they host the Dallas Stars on Thursday.Capitals: Visit the Boston Bruins on Thursday.